The Rotary Club of Gerringong Sunrise runs many community events throughout the year. These events not only raise funds for our philanthropic activities, but are important in themselves and are highly valued in the Gerringong-Gerroa community.
In the 2018/19 financial year the club donated over $65,000 to various organisations, charities and worthwhile causes.
As well as the brief descriptions below, there are photos in the Gallery on this site for some of the activities. If you would like more information or would like to participate in any of our projects, contact us and a Rotarian will get back to you.
You don't need to be a member of Gerringong Rotary to play a vital role.
Raffle- Winner-Kiama Auto Expo 2019
Congratulations to all and thanks to all who contributed
Raffle supporting organisations: Parkinson's support group-Kiama and Rotary Projects
Please click on the link below for an update on our Farmer's Project.
- Polio Plus, the Rotary campaign to eradicate polio from the world.
- Shelterbox: A fantastic program which drops Shelterboxes into areas affected by natural disasters. The Shelterbox contains a ten person dome tent, bedding, light, heat, cooking aids, clean water kit, tools and children's activity pack.
- RAWCS/ Village Aide (Rotary Australia World Community Service).Interplast: Voluntary medical teams who carry out plastic and reconstructive surgery and deliver training in developing countries.
- ARHRF (Australian Rotary Health Fund)
- Rotarians Against Malaria (RAM), in which Gerringong Sunrise Rotary Club donates mosquito nets impregnated with insect repellent to villagers in Papua New Guinea
- Medang PNG . Provision of blankets and other material needs and financial assistance provided in partnership with Kiama Rotary Club.
- and many more worthwhile projects around the world.
- SCARF Illawarra
- Maintenance of Bilya Reserve, a Rotary Park in Elambra Estate adjacent to the public school
- Raising funds for Parkinson support
- Free skin care checks for early melanoma detection
- Social Dancing for People with Dementia
- Helping elderly people in difficult circumstances with gardening etc
- Assisting local charities and local sporting clubs with funds etc
- Providing funds for farmers who experience hardship due to the prolonged drought